Dinner Idea: Pasta With Homemade Italian Gravy
It's Wednesday! It's Prince Spaghetti day! Yo An-Thony!
Make your own gravy and you will never want jar sauce again-- it's cheaper, tastier, and healthier.
Here's what you need:
- 4 cans of crushed or whole tomatoes
- 4 cans of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of red wine (if you wouldn't drink it, don't use it, Quick Tip: Cooking With Alcohol)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiana and Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (fresh if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (fresh if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of basil (fresh if possible)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1-3 garlic cloves crushed or chopped fine
Here's what to do (Prep time is about 20 minutes):
- Start olive oil in pot at medium heat
- Add onion and garlic
- Stir until golden brown
- Add all other ingredients
- Stir and bring to boil (don't burn)
- Simmer low heat for several hours stirring occasionally
Add meatballs, sausage, etc. if you choose . . .
This makes enough for three meals-- also tastes better on day two . . .
Bring your water to a boil and cook your pasta of choice 7-8 minutes, then served topped with the homemade gravy . . .
Like this post? Check out the related posts for more information. You can also get email notification of new posts in your email by subscribing. Your email address won't be used for any other purpose than to send you notification of a new post.